Nepal is regarded as a cultural lab as it has 100 plus ethnic groups with their own culture and traditions. There are several festivals that are celebrated in Nepal and Mani Rimbu is one of them which is celebrated in the Himalayan District Solukhumbu, the district which houses the Mt. Everest, world’s highest peak. The most important festival in Tengboche, of Solukhumbu is called the Mani Rimdu. Tengboche is a village at the height of ~4000 meter. As Nepal is celebrated Nepal Tourism Year 2011 (NTY2011) , we have introduced a 14 day tour named Mani Rimdu Festival Tour 2011 Nepal which cost you only 1350 USD per person only (round trip airfare from your country to Kathmandu has not been included in the above price).
The festival consists of nine days of ceremonies and meditation (Drupchen). This is concluded by a special blessing ceremony given by Tengboche Rinpoche to the public and the world renowned Mask Dances performed by the monks at Tengboche Monastery.The dates for the Mani Rimdu Ceremonies and Masked Dances 2011 at Tengboche Monastery are 10 - 13 November 2011.
The above mentioned price includes:
• Airport/Hotel/Airport pick up and transfer by Van or car.
• guided Kathmandu Tour as per the above program.
• 4 nights twin sharing accommodation with breakfast at 3/4* Hotel in Kathmandu.
• An experienced guide ( trained by Ministry of Tourism), 1 potters between 2 trekkers,their food, accommodation, salary, insurance and equipment.
• Full board meal (Veg/Non Veg) during the trek.
• Sagarmatha National Park Permit, TIMS permit.
• Round trip flight ( Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu).
• The cost for this 14 days program is 1350 USD/person.
The price does not include:
• Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast
• Travel and trekking insurance ( if you want me to arrange your travel insurance, I would be happy to assist you)*
• International Airfare to and from Kathmandu
• Tourist VISA fee 25 USD or equivalent foreign currency with multiple entries of 15 days, 40 USD or equivalent foreign currency with multiple entry for 30 days.
• Any kinds of alcoholic drinks,cold drinks, laundry, phone calls and internet.
For this program, You must arrive Kathmandu on Saturday, November 5, 2011. See how our program goes with dates:
Tentative plan for the tour:
• November5:Arrival to Kathmandu
• November6:Kathmandu sight seeing
• November7:morning flight departure to mountain trek, overnight, Phakdin
• November8:trek to Namche, overnight Namche
• November9:hiking Khumbu/ Schyanboche,etc, overnight namche
• November10:hiking to Tenboche,overnight there
• November-13:Attend mani Rimdu festivals
• November14:overnight namche
• November15:back to Lukla,overnight Lukla
• November16:morning flight to Kathmandu, free time
• November:free day/back up day for bad weather in Lukla
• November18:Departure to mainland
• 4 nights in Kathmandu
• 9 nights in Trekking route attending mani Rimdu Festival
As these days are the peak time in Nepal for tourism, please confirm your participation as soon as possible. It would be good if you confirm your participation by Wednesday, August 31, 2011. If you have any queries about the program, please feel free to contact me.
Looking forward to welcome you in Nepal! Thanks!